Tuesday 4 September 2012

26 years, 52 squares - Week 2 & 3

I've done it! And more importantly it's on time, well one of them is!

The first is last weeks square, and I won't lie, I don't love it. I think that 3 rows of the same colour is just too bulky and much. I added a black border which I think saved it.

I thought about cheating and starting again, but that really didn't feel in the vein of the project. Not every week I have is going to be the best and I can't just start that all again!

Week 3 is my first experimentation with multi coloured wool. I'd not tried it before as I'd thought it was all a bit too dippy hippy for me. Well I'm so pleased I have it a go because I really love the result! It's definitely inspired me for a future projects, particularly presents.

As it happens this week has been pretty good, Lord Henry is in his castle and Lady Charlotte is on her way. I'm so in love with him already that I can't wait for her to arrive.

I have also decided that I am going to start piecing the squares together straight away. Massive projects can really overwhelm me so it's important for me to develop a way to work an get things finished.

So here's to me being productive and setting s**t done and to lots of bunny cuddles!

Love you tons like sticky buns

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment